Want a boost up the career ladder? Don’t underestimate the power of an attractive smile. Academic studies have proved that a beautiful smile will help you get a promotion at work and many recruitment decision-makers have confessed that they are less likely to hire candidates who have heavily discoloured teeth. It may be unfair to favour beauty over experience, but in the world of work this happens all the time.
The good news is, if you have stained teeth, we can help make them brighter, whiter and more appealing. Here at our Bolton dental practice, our experienced team of dentists use one the leading brands of tooth whitening systems; Enlighten. Providing optimal results in the form of a dazzling smile every time, Enlighten is easy to apply, comfortable throughout the process and will transform your smile. You’ll soon be smiling with confidence, once you’ve experienced an Enlighten whitening.
Once you’ve had your teeth whitened at our Bolton surgery, you can prolong the effects of the treatment by taking steps to ensure your teeth don’t become stained again straight away. Here are our top 10 tips for whiter teeth.
- Take care to avoid highly coloured foods known to stain teeth quickly, such as curries and berries. Too much coffee and tea will also discoloured your teeth.
- Some fruit and vegetables are believed to have natural cleaning properties. These include apples, celery and carrots.
- Toothpaste contains baking soda, which is a whitening agent. Make sure you brush your teeth twice daily, with toothpaste, ensuring that one of those brushing sessions takes place last thing at night, so you’re not going to sleep with any food deposits remaining on your teeth.
- Using mouthwash, particularly after drinking tea or coffee will rinse your mouth and help prevent staining from occurring. It is not advised to use mouthwash directly after brushing your teeth, however, as this action will wash away the fluoride of the toothpaste, which your teeth need to keep them healthy.
- Flossing between your teeth will remove any further food deposits.
- Remember it’s important to keep your hygienist appointments. The scale and polish that hygienists perform will rid your teeth of plaque to keep them white and healthy.
- In the case of stains or tooth abnormalities that cannot be sufficiently improved with the Enlighten teeth whitening system, you could consider veneers. Veneers are thin slices of porcelain that are bonded to your teeth to improve their appearance. Our dentists will be able to advise you of what the treatment involves.
- Having an air polish can dramatically improve the brightness of your teeth, if you’re not sure about whether or not Enlighten is suitable for you. Having an air polish is also a good way to ensure your teeth are as clean as possible before embarking on Enlighten treatment, providing you with even better results.
- Eliminate the possibility that your discoloured teeth are being caused by an underlying medical problem by booking a consultation with one of our dental team.
- Our teeth naturally discolour with age. If you’ve done everything you can to keep them white for as long as possible, but you’d prefer them to be brighter, it may be time to book yourself in for a top-up Enlighten treatment. Enlighten really is the simplest and most effective way to give yourself more confidence in your smile in just 2 weeks.
Please get in touch to book your consultation with us at the Harwood Dental practice in Bolton today. Our friendly team will be happy to find an appointment time that’s convenient for you.