Harwood Dental – 10 tips to find the right private dentist in Bury
So, you have a cosmetic dental concern and you’d like to find a private dentist to restore your smile? The problem is that everybody makes fantastic claims about their services online. Surely not everybody can be the best private dentist in Bury? Of course they can’t! To help you make your choice, we’ve put together an overview for you of what you should be looking for in a dentist or orthodontist, before you embark on treatment.
- Look for a professional approach. Your needs and concerns should be the main priority for your dentist. How to solve your particular issues (whether it’s tooth straightening, or restoration) in the most efficient and cost-effective way should be top of your dentist’s to-do list. If, during the consultation, you are hustled into considering further treatments, before your primary concern has been satisfactorily dealt with, it might be time to look at another dentist.
- Your dental concerns are unique to you. Ensure you are assessed thoroughly before advice is given. When you come for a consultation with us here at Harwood Dental in Bury, we will actively listen to all the details of your dental concern, before discussing options with you. Assessing your needs practically is also important to us, which is why we will carry out an oral examination to get a better idea of the symptoms you describe.
- If you are nervous patient, find out over the phone what sort of approach the dentist will take. Here at the Harwood Dental Practice, we take dental phobia very seriously. That is why we have measures in place to help nervous patients understanding exactly what is involved with the treatment they need and how we can help to alleviate the anxiety they have.
- Is your convenience a priority for the dentist? You know when you phone up, or pop into a private dental practice, whether or not the dentist is going to go out of his or her way to make life easier for you. Here at Harwood Dental, we will arrange appointment times that are convenient for you, with minimal waiting time. Should you need a double appointment or a family appointment we can accommodate your needs.
- You know that you’re looking for a dental implant to fill a gap and you know that the procedure is involved and invasive, so it’s important to get the right dentist. Our dental surgeon has many years of experience in placing implants. Our dentist can deal with complications, should they arise, quickly and safely, as well as provide you with optimal implant results
- Can your dentist straighten your teeth fast and discreetly? Orthodontics have come along way since your only option was metal train tracks, which involved having brackets bonded your teeth. During your orthodontics appointment, our expert will tell you all about the two leading brands of virtually invisible braces we offer; Invisalign and Inman aligners; how quickly they can straighten your teeth and by what means. Don’t be talked into old-fashioned traditional braces, simply because the dentist you’re speaking to hasn’t kept him or herself up-to-date with modern dental technologies.
- If your teeth are seriously broken or infected, there is still a good chance you can avoid extraction, if you choose the right dentist. Extraction, or having a tooth out, brings with it new dental problems and should be avoided if at all possible. Here at Harwood Dental, our dentist can fix most levels of damage with crowns, veneers and pioneering root canal surgery. We would never extract an tooth, unless absolutely necessary.
- Professional tooth whitening treatment should be undertaken professionally. If you’d like to have your teeth whitened, your dentist should assess your teeth beforehand to ensure you have no underlying dental problems that are causing the discolouration. Your dentist should also perform a polish. Professionally cleaned teeth will achieve better results when the whitening gel is applied. A great dentist, such as our Bury-based dentist here at Harwood Dental, will perform the necessary pre-treatment checks and cleansing to ensure your treatment works well and that your teeth are not overly sensitive as a result of it.
- White fillings are more discreet than silver ones. When cavities occur, a filling will be required and a good private dentist will offer you a white filling, which is colour-matched to your teeth, making it virtually invisible.
- Prevention is better than cure. If there’s anything at all that is bothering you about your teeth, our hygienist or dentist will be able to help you. We prioritise helping a patient to take care of their teeth better, so that they can avoid costly, preventable dental treatment. Feel free to ask us anything at any time and we’ll be happy to help.
If you’d like to join our private dental practice, please give us a call. Our reception will be happy to book you in for an initial consultation, or help guide you through the registration process.